to help you play harder"
The information compiled on this site is Copyright 2002 - present by David Brown Sports Therapy Practice and by the individual authors.
"Independent quality mark for complementary therapists"
Patients, service users and the public have the option to choose a complementary healthcare therapist belonging to a register vetted and approved by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
The Federation of Holistic Therapists’ voluntary register has been accredited under a scheme set up by the Department of Health and administered by an independent body, accountable to Parliament.
Complementary therapists on the FHT Complementary Healthcare Therapist Register will be able to display the Accredited Register quality mark (logo), a sign that they belong to a register that meets the Professional Standards Authority’s robust standards.
Harry Cayton, Chief Executive of the Professional Standards Authority, said: ‘We are very pleased to have accredited the FHT’s register of complementary healthcare therapists. Bringing complementary healthcare therapists into a broad framework of assurance is good for patients, service users and the public and is the best way to promote quality. The programmee offers enhanced consumer protection to anyone looking for health and social care services, and gives practitioners the opportunity to demonstrate their commitment.’
DAVID BROWN, MFHT, is a complementary healthcare therapist in Burton Latimer, near Kettering, and on the FHT’s accredited voluntary register. ‘I am very proud to be listed on the FHT’s accredited register’, said David. ‘It demonstrates that the FHT meets the demanding standards of the Professional Standards Authority and offers reassurance to those seeking help and support from a complementary healthcare therapist, alongside their conventional care.’
----PRESS RELEASE ENDS ----
• For more information about the Professional Standards Authority and its Accredited Registers programme, please visit www.professionalstandards.org.uk
• For more information about the FHT Complementary Healthcare Therapist Register, please visit www.fht.org.uk/ar or click on the above logo.
• To contact DAVID BROWN, MFHT, please call on 07813 907437 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• To search the FHT Complementary Healthcare Therapist Register, please visit www.fht.org.uk/register
• The Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) is the UK and Ireland’s largest professional association for complementary, holistic beauty and sports therapists. Founded in 1962, the FHT has been promoting the highest standards in education and therapy practice for more than 50 years, and is totally independent of any external commercial interests. The FHT is a not-for-profit organisation, run by a governing council elected by its membership, comprising both professional and lay representation. The FHT is happy to advise or comment to the media on any many matters relating to complementary, holistic beauty and sports therapy, including training standards, safe and responsible practice, and regulation.